For volunteering opportunities:
Check your class D2L or Google Classroom for opportunities
FOLLOW @bmhsvolunteer on Instagram or @bantingguidance on Twitter
What is Community Involvement?
· 40 hours of community involvement activities
· a requirement for the Ontario Secondary School
· a volunteer activity - not for pay or credit
· a constructive contribution to the community
Why has the Ministry of Education mandated it?
· it reinforces civic responsibility
· it strengthens the community
· it enhances one's self-confidence and self-image
· it offers networking for future employment
SOME USEFUL LINKS...
Roles and Responsibilities
· provide assistance to their child in the selection of safe, nurturing environments for completion of their community involvement activities
· communicate with the community sponsor and the school principal if they have any questions or concerns
· sign the "Completion of Commun90-ity Involvement Activities" sheet if the student is under 18 years of age
· Consult with their parent(s)/guardian, select an activity or activities using the boards Volunteer Activities brochure as a guide. (any activity in the unapproved list requires the vice-principal's signature before beginning the activity)